I've decided to have some fun and link-up with the Weekend Warriors this month to share my 3-2-1 Teacher Bio. Today I'll be sharing a bit about myself and I hope you will too!
The Teacher Me
1. Somehow, time has managed to escape me and I will begin my fourth year teaching in September. While I have been teaching kindergarten since I graduated college, I began my career as an ESL teacher. It wasn’t until this past year that I moved into a general education position in my hometown with my older brother’s kindergarten teacher just across the hall. This year, I am thrilled to be putting those skills to good use again as I will have English Language Learners in my class.
2. I am completely, one hundred percent,
to school supplies. My mom just happens to work at Target and I literally hound
her the minute the school year ends to find out when Back to School will be
set. I find that some of my best ideas come while looking at every shiny, new
3. You know your organized when…your super organized principal tells you that you are the most organized person she has ever met. I absolutely hate wasting time looking for things. So in my classroom, everything has a container and every container has a place. You can bet that there is also a label to match each of those containers and that everything is color coded and coordinated. Few things give me more joy than organizing a giant mess.
The Regular Me
1. Maybe it’s my love for organization pouring out in a different direction, but I love interior design and real estate. I could spend hours looking at homes and imagining all kinds of potential. Currently, I am getting my interior design fix by renovating my entire home with my husband. Check out one of the most finished rooms in our house...the dining room. Please excuse the poor lighting since this was taken at 11:30 at night.
If I ever did anything other than teaching (not that I ever would), it would definitely be in decorating or real estate.
2. I am ashamed to admit to this one. A kindergarten teacher with bad handwriting? I feel like beautiful handwriting is a requirement for teaching. Whenever I come across pins or blog posts with elaborate and amazing anchor charts, I secretly cringe a little knowing that no matter what I do, my handwriting will never be neat or pretty.
My bucket list is ever changing and evolving, but there has been one constant. Since before I decided to be a teacher (at the ripe age of six), I knew I was meant to be a wife and a mom. While there are so many things I hope to do, raising a family with my husband is the number one item on my bucket list.
So there you have it, my 3-2-1 Teacher Bio. Do we have anything in common? I would love to know!